The Right Tool for Back to School is Timely On Hold Messaginghold-admin
If the kids going back to school is going to cause your sales to slump, now’s the time for “last chance” sales. While some businesses merely wave the white flag, and chock up back-to-school time for slower sales, this doesn’t have to be the case at all. Whether or not your business deals directly with kids, Back to school is the perfect time to run promotions that are fun, friendly, and nostalgic.
On hold messaging can set the tone for a conversation, and have an affect on how your business is viewed by those calling in. Some businesses are more proactive than others and spend time making sure their on hold messages are on-target.
Marketing to students or parents preparing for a new school year can prove to be a lucrative venture. Students often have required items they must purchase for class or need new clothes after growth spurts over the summer causing parents to shop for a variety of new items. Position your product or services in the midst of back-to-school activities to gain the best results with your marketing campaign.
However, not every business deals with students, children or educational items, but just because your small business’s products or services aren’t directly school-related doesn’t mean you have to miss out on potential back to school sales. The good news is that you can still reap the benefits of Back-to-School sales with promotional offers in your on hold marketing messages.
Even If your products or services have no obvious back to school tie-in, you can still create an on hold message script to help your business take advantage of one of the biggest retail seasons of the year.
Need back to school marketing ideas? Look no further. Here are some ideas on how you can capitalize on the back-to-school season:
1) For example, a kayak rental business might offer “last chance” lessons and outings; a museum might offer discounted tours.
2) Businesses selling cleaning products might back to school market its products as great for cleaning dorm rooms and sell a special “student-pak” of products.
3) A watch repair business might run a “be on time for school” special.
Don’t limit your on hold marketing ideas to kids. Back to school means different schedules for parents, too, and for some, more time to do things for themselves or things they’ve been putting off.
Here are some additional ideas:
1) Personal care businesses, such as hairdressers, manicurists, and massage therapists can offer discounts on “they’ve-gone-back to school” appointments.
2) Restaurants could offer special menus and/or dishes to encourage patrons to come in for lunch.
3) Fitness studios and gyms could offer special workshops or session series in school hours.
Get Your Back to School Marketing Ideas Thinking Cap On! Think about your target market, and how back to school impacts their lives and how your products or services could fit in. Get started with your back-to-school on hold message campaign, and you too can capitalize on this lucrative back to school retail season.