Salon & Spa On Hold Messaging Will Help Increase Profitshold-admin
If you have a busy salon or spa, then this is a very common scenario. Both lines are ringing and a client is waiting at the reception desk. What do you do? Well, if your answer is anything other than putting them on hold, and having them listen to custom on hold messaging – then you’re likely losing potential clients and wasting marketing spend!
Why your salon or spa must have on hold messaging.
- AT&T reports that 7 out of every 10 callers are placed on hold.
- when callers are forced to wait in dead-silence or canned music they will hang-up in less than 42 seconds, of which nearly 40% won’t call back!
For these reasons (plus many others), you need to ensure the telephone customer experience is as good as it can possibly be. Implementing a telephone on hold message marketing system gives your business the edge it needs to succeed in today’s competitive marketplace — here’s why:
- A Maxi-Marketing survey showed that 88% of callers prefer on hold messages vs silence, radio or music.
- 25% of callers responded to an offering they heard in the on hold advertisement.
- Callers will wait up to three minutes when hearing on hold messages.
How on hold messages can increase sales.
What topics should I include in my on hold marketing messages?
- products and services
- add-on services for cross-selling (ie hair, skin, nails, etc)
- special promotional offers or product bundles
- gift cards
- referral/loyalty programs
- website/online booking
- special events
- social media channels
- encourage online reviews
Growing a beauty salon and spa business takes a lot of effort, but we’ve shown you how important implementing an on hold message marketing system is to help you increase profits and remain a “cut above” the competition.
Not sure where to begin when it comes to custom on hold marketing for your salon or spa? Contact us today, or hear what your brand can sound like with our custom on hold demo trial offer. We think you’ll find the results to be hair raising!